Heinz Beck’s Bruschetta with Grana Padano & Prosciutto di San Daniele
A hearty bruschetta made with roasted fig compote, fresh herbs and greens, toasted almonds, and finished with the incomparable flavor and salty kick of Grana Padano shavings atop. This delectable combination of Italy’s best-selling cheese worldwide and savory prosciutto is an excellent midday snack or enjoyed as an appetizer for an elegant meal at home.
- 4-5 slices of Prosciutto San di Daniele
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 Figs
- 1 Tbsp of ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp red wine
- 8 Almonds, shelled
- 1 Cup of fresh salad greens such as Valerianella
- Greek basil
- Grana Padano shavings
- Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White truffle from Alba
- Fig compote
- Peel the figs and cut them in slices. Keep 12 slices apart as decoration and roast the figs slowly with extra virgin olive oil in the oven.
- Sprinkle with red wine and bring it to boil. Remove from heat, pass through a sieve and add ricotta cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Herbs: Wash and dry the herbs. Season with balsamic vinegar, oil and salt.
- Toasted almond: Roast them in a pan, without adding oil, until golden.
How to prepare
- Toast the bread and spread the fig compote over the slices. Garnish each bruschetta with Prosciutto di San Daniele, fig slices, Grana Padano shavings, herbs and toasted almonds. Finish with shaved white truffle from Alba
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/