Statesboro Bacon & Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts
Created by Global Master Chef Helmut F.J. Holzer CMC, this recipe is a great seasonal item to add to your menu. The tanginess of the blue cheese marries the savory bacon for the perfect dish to convert any brussels sprouts–hater into an instant fan.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 3-4 strips of bacon, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Statesboro Blue Cheese
- 3 sprigs thyme, diced
- 1 sprig rosemary, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim any yellow or brown outer leaves, and split brussels sprouts in half. Place into a large bowl.
- Mix brussels sprouts with bacon, onion, garlic, and olive oil.
- Stir in melted butter, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Place in a greased pan and roast for 35-40 minutes, periodically checking and turning with spatula.
- Remove from oven (outside should be crispy when ready), garnish with blue cheese, and enjoy.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/