Mac & Cheese with Cauliflower, Fresh Goat Cheese & Goat Cheddar
Homemade mac & cheese that requires no pre-cooking of pasta or sauce and has a full serving of veggies—A definite triple win for weeknights!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium cauliflower, divided into florets and steamed until very soft
- 1 Montchevre Fresh Goat Cheese Log (4oz)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12oz Montchevre Goat Milk Cheddar, grated
- ½ pound elbow pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9-inch round or square casserole dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Puree cauliflower in a food processor until smooth. Add the Fresh Goat Cheese Log, milk, mustard, cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper and process until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower mixture, 10oz grated goat milk cheddar, and uncooked pasta. Pour the mixture into the casserole, cover tightly with foil, place on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Toss the remaining cheddar with the panko breadcrumbs.
- After 40 minutes of cooking, uncover the pan, stir gently, sprinkle with the cheese and panko mixture and dot with the remaining tablespoon of butter. Bake, uncovered, until browned, about 30 more minutes. Cool ten minutes before serving.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/