Valley Fig Growers California Fig and Cheese Balls
California Figs and blue cheese rolled in chopped, toasted pecans are a classic appetizer, but other combinations are just as tasty. Try Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid California Figs and goat cheese adorned with almonds or dried herbes de Provence and chopped fresh parsley. Or mix California Figs with feta (drained if in brine) and roll in toasted cumin seeds, smoked paprika, and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola or another blue cheese, goat cheese, or feta
- 4 ounces cream cheese (regular or reduced-fat)
- 1 cup Blue Ribbon® Orchard Choice® or Sun-Maid® California Figs, stemmed and finely chopped
- ¾ cup finely chopped, toasted pecans, walnuts, or almonds*
- Combine Gorgonzola and cream cheese in medium bowl. Mix with a sturdy fork or spoon (or blend briefly in a food processor) until combined. Mix in figs.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls. Cover and chill for up to 1 day.
- Spread nuts (or other topping) on a plate. Roll each ball in topping.
- Arrange on a serving platter. Serve immediately or cover and chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- *Or roll in fresh or dried herbs—such as smoked or regular paprika—or toasted seeds.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/