Vermont Creamery Potato Galette with Crème Fraîche & Salmon
Crispy, browned potatoes are layered with smoked salmon and rich, creamy crème fraîche before being topped with fresh greens to finish. The seasoned potatoes pair perfectly with cool crème fraîche translating to an easy, rustic dish to share. We love to serve this at any meal, be it brunch or a quick supper.
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large slices of smoked salmon
- 1 cup Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Peel and shred the potatoes with a grater. Place them in a bowl and add flour, egg, salt and pepper. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan. Add the potato mixture to the pan and use the back of a wooden spoon to press the potatoes down to form one large “pancake.”
- Cook for about 10 minutes on one side until crisp and brown, lift edge gently to make sure it does not burn, flip it over, and let it cook for about another 10 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with salmon, crème fraîche, scallions, watercress, and a little pepper.
- To serve, cut it into wedges.
- You can flavor the crème fraîche with finely chopped dill or chives, which go perfectly with the smoked salmon.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/