Watermelon Salad with Montchevre Goat Feta, Kalamata Olives, and Basil
Juicy watermelon and briny goat feta combine in this refreshing summer salad, a terrific starter or side dish at any cookout.
- ½ cup packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 pounds seedless watermelon, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 3 cups pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Montchevre Goat Feta, crumbled
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Chifffonade basil. Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, honey, and 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Drizzle in oil while continuing to whisk.
- Toss watermelon cubes with the dressing in a large bowl. Add red pepper flakes, olives, basil, and feta and toss gently. Season to taste and serve immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/