Sautéed Radicchio with Bagna Càuda-Style Dressing
With so many beautiful varieties of radicchio to choose from, this dish is guaranteed to shine. Sautéeing the radicchio removes the bitterness and makes it a delicious match for piquant garlic, decadent anchovies, and salty-sweet Pecorino Sardo Dolce PDO.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt as needed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 head radicchio
- ¾ cup shaved Pecorino Sardo Dolce PDO
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- ►Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat, then add breadcrumbs and one pinch of salt and stir until golden and crisp, about two minutes.
- ►Transfer breadcrumbs to a paper towel and set aside to cool.
- ►Quarter radicchio lengthwise through the core and then in half again, so you have a total of 8 wedges. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- ►Mash garlic and anchovies and whisk together with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- ►Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the radicchio and let cook on one side for about 3 minutes. Pour oil and anchovy mixture over radicchio while it cooks, then flip and cook on the second side for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat, squeeze lemon over top, and sprinkle breadcrumbs to finish.
- ►Place radicchio on a serving plate, then top with cheese shavings and parsley before serving.
Sponsored by 3 Pecorini