National Nachos Day was November 6th, which means that if you missed it, you’ve got some catching up to do. We’ve got a recipe video that’ll give you the perfect excuse to keep the festivities going for this gameday favorite.
In other cheese news:
- Stepladder Creamery was recently awarded the Jennifer Bice Grant—an award for small dairy businesses. For more about the California cheesemakers’ success story, check out this article.
- Reynolds recently went viral when they released their Thanksgiving Mac-and-Cheese Turkey recipe. Hear us out—we know it’s controversial, but we’re also not entirely against it…
- NOLA hosted its second annual Fête des Fromages this past weekend. The festival included over 150 cheeses and dozens of international cheesemakers for cheese lovers to enjoy, as well as live music, unlimited bar, and other activities. If you have FOMO like us, keep your eye out for next year’s ticket sales on their social media.
- The International Dairy Foods Association responded to recent claims that cheese is linked to breast cancer. Dairy Foods Association President Michael Dykes said these claims are misleading and should be ignored, emphasizing the health benefits of cheese.
- Winter is coming, and Wisconsin will be using cheese for more than comfort food dishes. Wisconsinites plan to use cheesemaking byproducts to spread on the wintry roads to melt the ice. Call them crazy, but doing so will save tens of thousands of dollars and will reduce lots of precious cheese waste.
- Longtime cheesemaker Whitehall Specialties just created a plant-based division of their company, which will produce vegan cheddar, gouda, parmesan, and mozzarella—all shreddable and meltable cheese alternatives.
- Can you imagine anything better than cheese being served to you via conveyor belt? We certainly can’t. And lucky for us, a London restaurant just opened the world’s first cheese conveyor belt for us to enjoy.