N/A Amaro #1
The following recipe can be amended to suit your own tastes (i.e., less gentian root if you don’t like bitter flavors). Experiment by swapping in your favorite herbs or spices!
- 1 tablespoon dried orange peel
- 1 tablespoon dried lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon gentian root
- 1 tablespoon dried rosebuds
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick snapped in half
- handful crystallized ginger torn
- Peel of ½ orange sliced into strips (save the orange)
- 3 cups water
- 2 oranges juiced
Combine all ingredients except the orange juice and seal in a glass Mason jar. Place in the refrigerator and let steep for 1 week, shaking occasionally.
Strain out the solids and add the orange juice.
Enjoy chilled over a large ice cube or mixed with seltzer, preferably citrus-flavored