Crab Burgers with Dill Chèvre & Arugula
Grilling and a topping of herbed chèvre elevates these from simple crab cakes to brilliant burgers.
Write a review
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup dry breadcrumbs, preferably Panko
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 potato bread buns
- ½ cup arugula leaves
- 2 ounces (about ¼ cup) dill chèvre (such as Cypress Grove Chèvre PsycheDillic), at room temperature
- Pick out and discard any shells in crab meat. grate 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons of juice; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together mayonnaise, egg, mustard, celery seed, onion powder, lemon juice, lemon zest, and hot sauce. gently stir in crab meat, scallions, salt and pepper, and breadcrumbs. Form into 6 firm patties; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush burgers with butter and grill 2 to 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, lightly toast buns. Arrange arugula on bottom half of buns; top each with crab burger, 2 tbsps chèvre, and remaining bun.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/