After a two-year hiatus—you know why—Culture is happy to announce the return of in-person Counter Culture events, beginning on Monday, October 10 at The Barnyard in Long Island City, NY.
Counter Culture provides a focused opportunity to connect cheesemakers, importers, mongers, and buyers in an interactive, educational environment. Each trade-only event is an intensive, full-day session with ample opportunity to talk one-on-one and network with your industry peers.
You will hear from presenters who will tell you about their products’s unique story of origin, people, process and, of course, taste! In addition to the educational content there is the Tasting Table, a heaping farm table of cheese, charcuterie and accompaniments that attendees are encouraged to taste throughout the day.
Presenters at The Barnyard Collective at Larkin
NEW AT CC LIVE!
The Ultimate Ham and Cheese Bite Contest With Bayonne Ham
Everyone loves ham and cheese, right? In this exclusive, live Counter Culture competition at the end of the day, you can create your best Bayonne Ham and Cheese Bite for the chance to win a handblown glass Culture cheese plate and a special prize from Bayonne Ham, plus bragging rights as the Ultimate Ham and Cheese Champion! Ten of the best bites will be featured in a digital Bayonne Ham and Cheese Cookbook published by Culture!
** Participation is limited to the first 20 Counter Culture attendees who sign up **
Rules and Regulations
● Contestants will have 30 minutes to prepare their bites
● Contestants must use Bayonne Ham and a cheese or cheeses being presented at
Counter Culture as the basis of their bite
● Bites may be hot or cold
● Contestants may bring no more than four additional items for use in their bite (i.e.
breads, crackers, pickles, mustards, and other accompaniments)
● Bayonne Ham must be the most prominent element of the bite
● Bites will be judged on both flavor and visual appeal (presentation matters!)
● Culture will provide presentation plates, cutting boards and gloves; contestants should bring all other tools and equipment needed to create their bites
● By participating in the competition, contestants agree that their recipe, along with their
image and images of their bite may be used by Culture in print or digital media and in
future promotional materials
A full calendar of in-person Counter Cultures is being planned at noteworthy venues around the country in 2023. Click HERE to join our mailing list and be among the first to know when dates and locations are announced!