Cucumber and Cilantro French Goat Cheese Chilled Soup
A refreshing soup from Goat Cheeses of France is perfect for a summer picnic.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 10 ounces French fresh chèvre
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel the cucumbers, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Chop the cucumbers coarsely and place them in a blender with the lime juice, cilantro, buttermilk, and 8 ounces of the goat cheese. Blend until smooth. Add zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill well before serving, or add ice cubes to blender if serving immediately.
- Garnish with chunks of the remaining 2 ounces of fresh chèvre and a sprig of cilantro.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/