Lavash Pizza with Zucchini & Gorgonzola
Grilling lavash guarantees a crispy crust—no dough rolling required.
Write a review
- 2 medium zucchini (about ¾ pound)
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to brush
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup crumbled gorgonzola
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lavash flatbreads, each 9-inch square
- Preheat grill to a moderate flame. Cut zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch slices. Quarter the shallot, keeping root end intact. Brush zucchini slices and shallot quarters with olive oil and sprinkle on salt.
- Grill vegetables until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and dice; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella, gorgonzola, parsley, thyme, and pepper.
- Brush oil lightly onto each lavash. Place lavash on grill; allow to char lightly. Flip and top each with half of the cheese mixture, and half of the zucchini and shallots. Cook 2 minutes, or until cheese melts and lavash is crisp.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/