Pumpkin Seed-Cilantro Pesto
Bon Appetit gives us this recipe for Pumpkin Seed-Cilantro Pesto, and suggests we pair it with pan-seared salmon, rice, pasta, roasted vegetables or chicken.
Write a review
- 1½ teaspoon and ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, separated
- ½ cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup (firmly packed) cilantro leaves and stems
- ½ teaspoon cracked coriander seeds
- ½ garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1½ teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pumpkin seeds; sauté until beginning to brown and pop, about 2 minutes. Transfer seeds to paper towels to drain; let cool. Reserve skillet.
- Pulse 6 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, cilantro, coriander seeds, and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped. With machine running, gradually add 1 tablespoon lime juice, ¼ cup oil, then ¼ cup water, blending until coarse purée forms. Season pesto to taste with salt, pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/