Original Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Assemble, grill, and enjoy!
- 2 pieces hearty white bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces aged block cheddar (such as Grafton Village's aged cheddar)
- 4 dill pickle slices (optional)
- Spread half the butter on one side of a slice of bread. Thinly slice or grate the cheese and pile it onto the bread. Place the pickles in the cheese if desired. Top with second slice of bread, and butter the top.
- Heat a pan to medium-low and place the sandwich in the pan. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until the bread toasts on the bottom and the cheese begins to melt. Flip the sandwich and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes on the second side until the cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden-brown.
- Remove from pan, let sit a minute, slice diagonally, and eat while still hot, gooey, and delicious.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/
Photo Credit: Featured image courtesy of Vancitybuzz.com