Spinach & Artichoke Pan Pizza with White Bean Sauce
White beans blended with cheese create an unbelievably rich base.
- ⅓ cup Neufchâtel cheese
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, stem removed, leaves finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced into half-moons
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Flour, for dusting
- ½ recipe Overnight Pizza Dough
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 10 green onions, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella, grated
- Red pepper flakes, to finish
- Combine Neufchâtel, half the beans, lemon juice, half the Parmigiano Reggiano, rosemary, garlic, and milk in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Taste, and add salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 500°F. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté leek slices 4 minutes, or until tender. Add spinach and cook 3 minutes, or until spinach wilts. Set aside.
- Dust a baking sheet with flour. Stretch dough into a 13-by-9-inch rectangle, and transfer to baking sheet, rolling sides of dough inward to create a 1-inch-wide crust.
- Top dough with white bean sauce, leek and spinach mixture, artichoke hearts, remaining beans, green onions, mozzarella, remaining Parmigiano, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until bottom of crust is crisp and brown. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/