Spring Alpine Pizza
This delicious recipe from Emmi Roth USA is sure to become a favorite – kick it up by cracking an egg onto the center of the pizza prior to baking.
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12-inch pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 cup MezzaLuna® Fontina, shredded
- 1½ cup Grand Cru® Gruyere, shredded
- 8 spears asparagus, blanched, 1-inch bias cut
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Whisk together garlic and olive oil and brush over pizza crust.
- Evenly distribute cheese over crust, and arrange asparagus, prosciutto, and red onions on top of cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/