Beet Pizza with Feta & Spicy Microgreens
Zippy goat’s milk feta elevates the classic combination of beets and chèvre.
- 4 medium-sized beets, scrubbed
- Flour, for dusting
- ½ recipe Overnight Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces goat’s milk feta, crumbled
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup spicy microgreens
- Honey-Balsamic Reduction (see notes), to taste
- Heat oven to 450°F. Wrap beets individually in aluminum foil, and roast 40 minutes, or until fork tender. Cool, peel, and slice into ¼-inch rounds.
- Flour an overturned baking sheet. Stretch dough to a 13-by-9-inch rectangle, and transfer to baking sheet. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon oil. Lay beet slices evenly over dough. Top with crumbled feta, salt, and pepper.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is browned. Transfer to a cutting board. Let cool 5 minutes. Top with microgreens, remaining oil, and a drizzle of Honey- Balsamic Reduction.
- If you don’t want to make your own balsamic reduction, feel free to use a bottled version, available at select grocery stores.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cook vinegar and honey in a small pan over medium heat, watching carefully, until liquid reduces by half. Let cool to room temperature.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/