Fingerling Potato & Baby Kale Pizza with Chèvre
Tender potatoes add buttery richness to this pie topped with garlicky kale and tangy chèvre.
- 5 fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces baby kale
- Flour, for dusting
- ½ recipe Overnight Pizza Dough
- 10 green onions, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella, grated
- 4 ounces chèvre, crumbled
- Parmigiano Reggiano, to finish
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a small pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes. Drain and let cool. Slice potatoes lengthwise into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, warm 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add half the garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add baby kale, and sauté until just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Heat oven to 500°F. Flour an over turned baking sheet. Stretch pizza dough to a 13-by-9-inch rectangle, and transfer to baking sheet.
- Drizzle dough with remaining oil, and sprinkle with remaining garlic. Top with sliced potatoes, green onions, kale, mozzarella, and chèvre. Finish with a dusting of grated Parmigiano Reggiano, salt, and pepper.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until bottom of crust has browned and cheese is bubbling. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/