Join the Curd Herd!
culture is a young and growing magazine based in Boston, MA. We’re always looking for talented, organized, and creative folks to join our family. Below are our current opportunities:
- Interns (Boston)
- Freelance Writers (Anywhere)
Based in Boston, Part-time, Unpaid
We are currently accepting applications for our spring internship cycle. Why intern for culture? culture is America’s first and best magazine dedicated to cheese. Interns get valuable insight into the modern publishing industry while also enjoying pounds upon pounds of the best cheeses on earth. Come and work alongside our small and talented staff on articles for the magazine, cheese events, photo shoots, social media marketing, and more.
All internships are based in Boston, 16-24 hours per week, and offer flexible scheduling.
Writing & Editing: Interns are asked to write short pieces for the website daily. In addition, you may be asked to write for the newsletter or magazine. Pieces also need to be proofed and edited to make sure they match our style guide. In addition, all pieces for the culture blog and magazine are fact checked within an inch of their lives and you will likely help with this.
Blogging: Most interns are asked to complete a blog series. Here are some examples of past interns’ series:
- Distant Cheeses, Local Farmers by Molly McDonough
- Real Cheese Product by Grant Bradley
- Cheese Personality by Natalie Gardino
- Writing chops: Our interns write each and every day.
- Attention to detail: No comma escapes your notice.
- Love of cheese: Seriously, we eat a lot of cheese.
- Great attitude: We work in controlled chaos… and it’s fun!
- Experience with blogging or social media.
- Photography skills a plus, but not required.
Spring internships last from approximately January to May. Interns must be available to work in our office, at least part of the time. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to
firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 17.
Long-distance / virtual; Contract
We are always looking for great freelance writers for our magazine and website. If you love cheese and love to write, we love you! Read this article on how to send us a pitch, and direct your query letters to email@example.com.