Grilled Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
Feta and Mozzarella, blended with dried tomato and oregano, are stuffed into chicken breasts just before grilling. Yum.
Write a review
- ⅓ cup creamy style feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 4 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill. In a medium bowl, blend feta, tomatoes, mozzarella, onion, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper.
- Insert a pairing knife into the thickest side of one chicken breast, and cut horizontally to make a 3-inch pocket. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Divide feta mixture into four, and stuff a portion in each breast. Seal pockets with toothpicks. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle on salt.
- Grill chicken over medium heat, 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/