Roasted Shallot and Tarragon Pesto
This bold pesto from Bon Appetit is a spectacular topping for scrambled eggs, and adds a kick to potato salad.
- 2 large shallots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons plus ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup (packed) fresh tarragon
- ⅔ cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place shallots in small baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Cover dish with foil. Bake shallots 30 minutes. Uncover; roast shallots until soft, about 20 minutes longer.
- Puree shallots, any oil in dish, and ⅓ cup oil in blender. Add ⅓ cup oil and all remaining ingredients; puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 1 day ahead; chill.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/