Sherry Cheese Spread
This robust cheese spread—while delicious—isn’t for the faint of heart. Enjoy this creamy treat with crisp fruit slices for the ultimate study in contrasts.
- ½ medium shallot
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces Havarti, grated (such as Castello's Creamy Havarti)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry (try fino or manzanilla)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt the rims of 4 drinking glasses, and fill halfway with ice.
- Combine the lemon-lime juice, syrup, water, and salt in a pitcher, and stir to combine.
- Fill each glass with the lemon-limeade, garnish with a lime wheel, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/