Sherry Cheese Spread
This robust cheese spread—while delicious—isn’t for the faint of heart. Enjoy this creamy treat with crisp fruit slices for the ultimate study in contrasts.
- ½ medium shallot
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 4 ounces Havarti grated (such as Castello's Creamy Havarti)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry try fino or manzanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Pulse the shallots in a food processor until finely chopped into small, even pieces.
- Add cheeses and sherry to the food processor, and continue pulsing for another 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add honey, salt, and pepper to the food processor, and mix again until fully incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to transfer cheese spread to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes to firm up the spread, and serve.