’Tis the season for nationwide fairs and festivals—and we’ve never been more ready to celebrate. Head to our roundup to see what cheese-themed events are taking place near you, and which out-of-this-world, cheese-filled fair foods to look out for.
In other cheese news:
- The in-person Fancy Food Show, originally scheduled for next month in New York City, has been cancelled due to rising COVID cases. Fancy Food 24/7, the digital component of the event, will still take place. Read how some have reacted to the news, and see what’s next for other upcoming industry events here.
- New cheese alert: Morning Harvest is the latest drop from award-winning Milton Creamery in Iowa. This new snack-worthy cheddar is made with Swiss and German techniques for a result that’s fruity, nutty, and subtly sweet. Order some here.
- Speaking of new cheese, Marin French Cheese Co. is introducing Golden Gate—a washed-rind, triple crème cheese named after its home state of California—to its lineup next month. Keep an eye on Marin French’s online store for its upcoming release.
- The Culture Cheese Coalition—a nonprofit that seeks to expand educational opportunities and level the playing field for BIPOC in the cheese industry—celebrated its first anniversary this month! See how you can donate, volunteer, and support its mission here.
- Cherry Bombe—along with Marissa Mullen of That Cheese Plate—is hosting the cheese event of our dreams. Guests will enjoy a cheeseboard building class lead by Mullen, followed by a Q+A with Cherry Bombe founder Kerry Diamond, and a night full of cheese and cocktails tasting. Join the waitlist here (proof of vaccination required for entry).
- The Washington County Cheese Tour is back this year in upstate New York, taking place the weekend after Labor Day. Visitors can enjoy visiting four cheesemakers, a farm winery, a craft farmstead brewery, and a farm cidery during the weekend event. Get more details here.
- America’s Dairyland hosted its 2021 State Fair in June, and the winners for the annual Dairy Products Contest have been crowned. See the full list of Wisconsin-made cheeses that made the cut here.
- Jasper Hill Farm is collaborating with The Metropolitan Museum of Art for a virtual event to remember, combining all the beauty of classic art and artisan cheese. Learn more and sign up here.
- New Yorkers: Have you visited The French Cheese Board’s latest exhibit yet? Titled Contextomy, the exhibit—which runs through the end of the year—reimagines cheese in different global contexts, from escargot to sushi to fish tacos. “We are celebrating the unique gastronomy New York offers by putting a fun spin on popular international foods,” Managing Director Charles Duque said in a press release. “Anytime, anyplace, anywhere is a good time to enjoy French cheeses and butters in your recipes.”
- Indecisive on cheese pairings? We’ve taken the liberty of matching each zodiac sign with an appropriate culture pairing that reflects each sign’s distinct personality traits. See the list and find your match here.