Spring at Stephanie's Grilled Cheese
The earthiness of Proscuitto and asparagus is brightened by the peach and ginger jam and everything is brought together by the creamy, buttery Melkbus cheese in this sandwich.
- Brush the butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Halve the asparagus spears so that each piece is about the same length as the longest side of a the bread slice.
- Smear mustard and jam on the unbuttered side of two of the bread slices. Place two slices of proscuitto on top of the jam and mustard. Layer 4 slices of Melkbus onto the proscuitto and top with the asparagus. Cap with the remaining slices of bread, buttered side up.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Place a sandwich in the pan and cook, covered, for about 3 minutes or until the bottom slice of bread is crisp and brown. Flip the sandwich and cook uncovered for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the second sandwich.
- Place the sandwich onto a plate, and retire to a place where you can eat it without censure.
culture: the word on cheese http://culturecheesemag.com/