Did you know that your pizza topping preference could tell you a little bit about your personality? In a study commissioned by Domino’s Pizza and Dr. Alan Hirsch, director of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago, they found that pizza topping preferences mimic personality traits.
In general, the most popular pizza topping is pepperoni (followed by sausage and then mushrooms) but now you can check and see what your preference says about your personality.
Is your first pizza topping pic pineapple, anchovies or banana peppers? You are a non-traditionalist who tends to be aggressive, achievement-oriented, and a natural leader. You do not tolerate fools.
The Procrastinating Pepperoni
A traditionalist at heart, you prefer single meat toppings and may describe yourself as irritable, argumentative, a procrastinator who sometimes “forgets” home and work obligations.
Those who layer meat topping on meat topping are generally dramatic, seductive extroverts who thrive as the center of attention. They crave novelty constantly and like to keep up their appearance.
The One Veggie Wonder
These kind souls are empathetic, understanding, and well adjusted. They are easy going and make ideal parents.
The Humble Veggie Lover
These people are trustworthy, loyal and dependable. A strong friendship is the perfect example of life’s wonder for them and they thrive in groups. They are humble, introverted and avoid the spotlight.
Other fun facts found out by the study were:
- The most popular pizza toppings are pepperoni, sausage, and green peppers
- The least popular toppings are ham, banana peppers, and chicken
- 35% of respondents liked plain cheese
- 60% of the study respondents agreed with the topping and personality matching pairing
- 48% said they didn’t feel the need to try new pizza combinations and 38% said they order the same toppings every time
- 67% prefer meat and cheese over vegetable and cheese
- And given the option, 60% said that their ideal pizza would have 10 or more toppings on it