Hello cheese friends and happy Sunday! We’re rounding out National Grilled Cheese Month with a week’s worth of mouth-watering cheese news for you, including Bon Appetit’s tasty spread of Cheese Week tidbits. Enjoy, and don’t forget to treat yourself to a cheese plate… or three!
Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- Do yourself a flavor favor and whip up a batch of The Cheese Thing right this instant.
- Because you’ve always needed a personal fondue mug and a mold that makes wine shot glasses out of cheese, here’s a link to 9 cheesy kitchen gadgets.
- What a wonderful world we live in! Now we can all have the best pimento cheese delivered right to our doors.
- Come on, man, make some beer-soaked grilled cheese. All the cool kids are doing it.
- Boom goes the dynamite! 18 tons of it, to be precise, and all in the name of cheese caves!
- 9 cheeses you’ve never heard of and need to try immediately – as written by culture’s own digital editor Erika Kubick!
- Murray’s Cheese can now make you a wedding cake made of cheese wheels that can be your something old and your something blue.
- Mac and cheese for breakfast just became socially acceptable thanks to a little help from bacon and eggs.
- How do you seduce a French person into understanding cream cheese? Two words: spinach filo.
- It’s cheese week at Bon Appetit! Nut cheese, what to eat while pregnant, the hunt for the stinkiest cheese, and why you need to eat brie rinds. They’ve got it all!
- Ex-pats in Laos are bringing buffalo milk cheese to the people! … And the tourists.
- This flaming hot cheese is making it rain in Baltimore.
- According to cheese scientists at Tufts University, bacteria and fungi travel along cheese rinds via complex highway systems where both disease and flavor can thrive.
- Attention vegetarians! We have very sad news to report. Parmigiano-Reggiano has and never will be your friend.
- McDonald’s in Germany is now selling Camembert Donuts. This just might be the best German invention since the printing press.