Spring is in the air! Whether you’re celebrating warmer weather with a brunch (we have the perfect cheese plate for you) or enjoying cute pictures of baby animals, your friends over at culture have you covered. In the meantime, pour yourself a cup of coffee and catch up on some cheese news.
Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- Homemade mac and cheese can seem pretty daunting. Bechamel sauce? Homemade breadcrumbs? But don’t worry. Here are four foolproof and easy steps for the perfect mac and cheese.
- If you’re looking to expand your reading list, consider Dominique Bouchait’s “Fromages.” Although his primary focus is French cheeses, the knowledge is applicable to any style.
- 1 in 9 South Dakotans are classified as “food insecure.” A nonprofit and a 40-pound block of cheese are trying to change that.
- In queso you’ve been living under a rock, there’s a cheese wall being built along the U.S./Mexico border.
- Who says cheese won’t make you rich? Emmanuel, Jean-Michel, and Marie Besniers, co-owners of the largest cheesemaker in the world, are worth an estimated $18.7 billion.
- You’d assume cheese festivals would get old, but that’s only if you’ve never been to one. Utah had their annual festival last weekend featuring two of our favorite things: cheese and chocolate.