You might’ve missed National Ice Cream Day on December 13th—with this frigid weather, we don’t blame you. If you’re still in the mood for some ice cream (or just want to bookmark it for spring), check out our homemade Roquefort Honey Ice Cream recipe, which we think is the perfect combination of sweet and cheesy.
In other cheese news:
- The trade battle between France and the US continues, furthering troubles for American turophiles. Earlier this month, Trump set tariffs on certain goods from the country, like beloved French cheeses, at 100%. This means enjoying some of your favorite EU-made cheeses like Roquefort and Gruyere might start to break the bank.
- Whole Foods is providing the gift that keeps on giving this season. Their “12 Days of Cheese” event will highlight an artisan cheese sold at 50 percent off every day until December 23rd. What more could we ask for?
- Insider recently published a video illustrating the 100-year-old technique of how English Stilton is made. Learn about its rich history and watch the traditional process here, starting from milk and curds all the way to crumbly blue goodness.
- We’ve discovered the ultimate holiday gift for your cheese-loving little one: Fisher-Price’s Snacks for Two, a make-believe charcuterie board for tiny chefs to play with. It’s got all your cheese plate staples—brie, cured meat, grapes, and more. You know what they say, start ’em young!
- Cabot Co-Op just celebrated their 100th year of dairy farming. Cheers to another 100 years of this Vermont staple!
- How much do you love the smell of cheese? Enough to burn a candle of it? If so, you’re in luck: Qdoba just released a Queso Candle, created to replicate the scent of their three-cheese queso. Why light another vanilla candle when your home could smell like warm cheese, right?