Good morning cheese lovers! As I’m sure you all know, today is National Hammock Day. That means you can find me hard-core lounging under a tree with a glass of wine in my hand and a plate of cheese and salumi on my lap. But that’s just the warm-up for the big event. Wednesday the 25th is National Wine and Cheese Day! So get your favorite pairings locked and loaded for possibly the greatest holiday of the year. Feet up and pinkies out, friends! Cheers!
Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese just opened their new plant! Expect more of that tasty Original blue very soon.
- If you can’t stand this heat, get out of the kitchen … and into a cheese shop. After all, can anything really beat a cheese plate for dinner?
- These are some next level recipes right here, check out that sticky baked feta and this peach gorgonzola sammie.
- 17 reasons we should eat more cheese? Please. You had me at Halloumi.
- You should start every morning off on the right side of the bed with a petite wheel of mild brie. Yes, it’s allowed.
- Move over mozzarella sticks, we need to talk about Czech fried cheese.
- Our girl Tia Keenan talks cheese, life, capitalism, and chickens on Meatless: A Podcast About Eating.
- Sure, you could go about your normal, average day. Or, you could eat artichoke risotto out of an entire wheel of cheese. These are the easy decisions in life, people.
- The New York Times takes us on a journey along the Normandy Cheese Trail, where I would officially like to live out the rest of my days.
- American cheese is no longer the most popular cheese in the country. Ladies and gentlemen, we did it!
- As the UK falls away from the EU, the prices of imported dairy products are on the rise for the Brits. Our hearts go out to them during this difficult time.