In case you missed it, March 8 was International Women’s Day. It’s easy to get disenchanted from the news, but here’s a sweet tidbit: Becky’s Bites, a women-run shop in New York, is reimagining cream cheese. The owner, Becky Rosenthal, was surprised with a $10,000 grant on Good Morning America in honor of Women’s History Month. So, next time you’re in NYC, stop in for some chocolate dipped cream cheese bites. I mean, we all have to do our part.
Here’s what you might have (also) missed this week in cheese news:
- “Can I eat the rind?” is one of the most-asked questions a cheesemonger will hear. If you’re one of the people asking, this article breaks it down for you.
- We all have our favorite cheese, but it’s still fun to know what the experts think: the results are in from the 2019 U.S. Championship Cheese Contest.
- The EU is trying to make it more difficult to label cheeses such as “Parmesan” or “Asiago.” And American dairy groups aren’t happy about it.
- It never hurts to add more vegetables to your daily diet. So if you’re still sticking to your New Years Resolution to eat healthier, try these feta cheese-stuffed bell peppers.
- From Harbison to the Bayley Hazen Blue, we all love Jasper Hill Farm. Their secret? A commitment to excellence…and a science lab.
- “The Baby Cheese Challenge” involves throwing cheese at a child and filming their reaction. This article asks the burning question: what is the best cheese to use?
- If you happen to be in Las Vegas on March 14, it’s your lucky day. Villa Italian Kitchen is celebrating Pi Day by offering a large pizza for $3.14.