Happy Veteran’s Day! In case you aren’t up to date on more obscure holidays, this past Tuesday was Marooned Without a Compass Day, while Wednesday was Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day. Even if your knowledge on national holidays is lacking, your cheese know-how doesn’t have to be.
Here’s what you might have missed last week:
- Buried wearing a plucky white felt hat capped with a feather, this Chinese mummy has been nicknamed “The Beauty of Xiaohe.” Her fashion sense is only topped by her priorities: she was found wearing chunks of cheese around her neck and chest. ”
- This human resources manager wowed attendees of a Milwaukee Bucks game when she named 27 cheeses in 30 seconds. Her secret? “I’ve lived in Wisconsin my whole life.”
- Scientists have long known that music impacts the brain. But what about cheese? This Swiss researcher is experimenting how music affects cheese ripening.
- Whether you call it a grilled cheese or a cheese toastie, you’ll love these tips to get that perfect crispy crust balanced by a gooey center.
- Ever ordered a McDonald’s Quarter Pound and gotten an unwanted piece of cheese? This couple did. And then sued for $5 million.
- With a grilled cheese festival in San Antonio and a new cheese store equipped with a wine bar opening in North Austin, it’s a good week to be a Texan.