Well hello there, fellow cheese lovers! Can you smell the scent of spring in the air? We sure can! Get yourself a ripe goat’s milk cheese, hunker down, and soak in the flood of ooey gooey cheese news headed your way.
Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- Cheese war update: sources report that French authorities have nearly killed Normandy Camembert. We repeat: Normandy Camembert is going extinct.
- Brush up on your soft cheese history by snuggling up with this new hardcover about how cheese factories helped shape the country.
- What’s curdled and sour and heart-healthy too? Cottage cheese – turns out it also does wonders for your colon, too.
- What are Sunday mornings for if not stuffing your face with fluffy cheese-stuffed pancakes?
- Filing this under “dream jobs”– meet Italy’s first ever cheese carver.
- A British study reveals that eating cheese before bed won’t give you nightmares, but having a stilton nightcap might give you some very bizarre dreams. See “vegetarian crocodile”.
- There’s something queer about this mac and cheese and Tweeters are taking sides.
- As if cheese couldn’t make us any happier, now it’s made of rainbows! Feast your eyes on the most colorful trend to hit Chinese cuisine.
- A New Zealand cheese company is hosting one heck of a cheese contest. Patience, young grasshopper. 2,000 more puzzle pieces and you shall have free cheese.
- This woman accidentally bought a whole wheel of cheese, and it led her to her new life calling. We call that a happy accident.
- Here’s what makes American cheese oh-so American.
- An un-brie-lievable number of people in Austrailia broke a cheesy world record for the largest cheese tasting event. Good on ya, mates!
- A Guardian writer sampled a bevy of vegan cheese – and was not impressed.
Photo Credit: Mandy Lee of Lady and Pups