Photo Courtesy of Rogue Creamery
Good morning cheese friends, and happy Father’s Day! We hope you’re gathering around the grill, or maybe the TV for some good ol’ fashion football. You’ve waited four long years to fill your days and nights with another World Cup, and the time has finally arrived! But between games, we think you ought to call a time-out and take a quick breather. Feel free to kick up those feet, finish the dribble of coffee in your mug, and unwind.
Here’s what you might have missed this week in the world of cheese:
- Even if you’re a poutine hater – this bacon-filled version might convert you.
- Forget Tinder, we’ve got the perfect match for your 2018 summer fling, and her name is Pimento.
- Vegan cheese has arrived in Dallas – and it even has its own restaurant.
- There is a surprising amount of fresh cheese in this small Ecuadorian town. Adding this one to our cheese travel bucket list.
- Mexico is retaliating over steel and aluminum tariffs by taking it out on our cheese. Well, more for me I guess.
- If you need me, I’ll be on a plane to Czechia for their fried cheese sammies!
- Speaking of sammies, there’s a new one on the block Cheese Zombies! I’ll be having nightmares (read: dreams) about this one for weeks.
- A pizza worker is accused of putting rat poison in the cheese. That’s a whole new level of evil.
- Two fights broke out at a Chuck E Cheese in Amherst recently. What is it with that place and violent adults?
- Be glad you didn’t get your dad this Kraft singles sculpture. If his face is going to be made out of cheese, he at least deserves real cheddar.
- GRILLED CHEESE TOASTER!!! Best invention of the century award right here.
- Rogue Creamery is now cruisin’ with the big boys and our friend Janet Fletcher has all the deets.
- What do Jurassic Park, Doritos, and the American Red Cross have in common? You guessed it, 100 individual limited edition, super-sized, nacho cheese-flavored Dorito chips.
- I am of the firm belief that a properly executed cheese board is the key to a successful life. Here’s how to achieve your cheese dreams.
- The Summer Cheesemonger Invitational is coming up in a couple weeks and I can’t wait.