Hey fromage friends! Where have you been? We expected you an hour ago!
Well, you may have lost an hour of your life last night, but we’ve compiled the week’s cheesiest news stories to help make up for it. So throw open those curtains, rub the sleep from your eyes, and lose yourself in these time-sensitive tidbits. Oh, and remember to change your watch.
Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- The results of the World Champion Cheese competition are in. Move over Wisconsin, France is the big cheese this year.
- A man with two warrants out for his arrest was finally done in for eating cheese balls. We hear the YPD has just recruited its first orange officer.
- We’ve got a hankering for this blue-brain cheese from Switzerland but it’s almost impossible to find. SOS!
- In retaliation to sanctions, Putin blocked European dairy from entering the Motherland – and Russian cheesemakers could not be more grateful.
- If you’re in the Denver area, Whole Foods is throwing a whole lot of mac and cheese your way – and one reporter tried all 8 kinds in 1 night.
- One entrepreneur has hit the bullseye in the Buckeye State with her new high-quality cheese shop. It’s as they say: with cheese, all things are possible.
- If you do anything this week, feast your eyes on this video of places to satisfy your cheese cravings in London. And please, try not to drool.
- Hey Ma, Pitbull’s manager owns a mac and cheese truck. How dope is that?!
- The key to a good cheese plate is also the key to a good outfit. One word: accessorize!
- The world’s biggest Limburger-lovers and Havarti-haters might not be who you would expect. Ou sont les français?
- Absolute Tea is bringing a cheese-topped green tea to the Emerald City. They better whip it good!
- For this midwesterner-turned-city-slicker, the nostalgic effect of cheese curds is whey too real.
- Cheese is so good that it’s making some Canadians do very bad things. Would you break the law for cheese?
- Pop quiz: Which former U.S. president brought mac and cheese to America? Don’t know? Check out this pocket book guide to brush up on your cheese history.
- These homemade Tater Tot Nachos are our favorite trend in melted cheese since the OG nachos.