Looking for an indulgent, no-bake dessert? These chocolate mascarpone truffles are delicious and easy to make! Featuring Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese Mascarpone crafted from fresh, sweet cream. This farmstead Mascarpone is luxurious and velvety, perfect for sweet and savory culinary applications.
Chocolate Mascarpone Truffles
- 8 ounces finest quality semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) Crave Brothers Mascarpone at room temperature
- 1 tablespook Grand Marnier or other favorite liqueur
- 1 cup finely ground pecans or walnuts (or powdered sugar & sprinkles)
- Place all ingredients except the nuts in a medium bowl. Set bowl on pan of simmering water; do not allow bowl to touch water. (Or place it in top of double boiler.) Heat until melted, smooth and warm. Watch closely and stir often. Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- These truffles are very soft; they must be cold for shaping and rolling. Working quickly, roll the refrigerated mixture into smooth 1-inch balls. Place on parchment or waxed paper. Roll the truffle balls in the finely ground nuts. Refrigerate for up to one week.
- Remove from refrigeration about 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any remaining truffles.
- Melt 6 ounces best quality dark or semisweet chocolate in bowl over pan of simmering water. Roll the truffle balls in the chocolate to evenly coat. If desired, then roll in ground nuts, powdered sugar, sprinkles or any topping of your choice!