Kryssos Feta and Grilled Veggie Sandwich
This recipe is a great lunch dish to showcase the fresh ingredients of the spring season—creamy hummus, tangy feta, and marinated vegetables all combine to take your taste buds on a journey through the Mediterranean.
- 1 eggplant sliced
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 3 yellow squash sliced
- 3 to mato sliced
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 red onions sliced
- 2 ounces garlic hummus
- 1 ½ ounces Kryssos Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 ounce basil pesto
- Sliced peppadew peppers for garnish
- Focaccia bread
- 3 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mix the olive oil with the vinegar, herbs, spices, and garlic. Immerse vegetable slices in marinade for up to 5 minutes.
- Place vegetables on grill, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Return vegetables to baking sheet, and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the Focaccia bread in half and spread one side with the hummus, the other side with the basil pesto. Sprinkle feta onto the hummus side, and layer the grilled vegetables
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste, and serve at room temperature.