Lemon Mascarpone Ice Cream
Mascarpone adds a subtly thicker texture to this palate-cleansing ice cream. Flavored simply with lemon juice and zest, it’s at once creamy and refreshing. You’ll need an ice cream maker for this recipe.
- Prepare Ice Cream Base, and place finished mixture in refrigerator to chill, at least 8 hours.
- Combine mascarpone, lemon juice, sugar, zest, and salt in a bowl until well blended. Refrigerate.
- Remove chilled ice cream base from refrigerator and pour into an ice cream maker. Spin according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the ice cream is finished, gently stir in lemon-mascarpone cream as you scoop it into storage container(s).
- Store in the freezer for at least 2 hours (and preferably overnight) before serving. Alternatively, you may use a home camping-style or foam cooler to freeze ice cream. Place ice cream inside, and top with a block of dry ice followed by a sheet of cardboard. The dry ice mimics the action of a hardening cabinet, an essential part of the ice cream manufacturing process. When the ice cream is rock-hard, transfer it to your home freezer. It will actually rise to proper serving temperature in the freezer.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/