Pear and Fried Onion Grilled Cheese with Gorgonzola
The sweet, creamy flavor of this cow's and sheep's milk Gorgonzola turns this otherwise simple pairing into a decadent grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 slices Italian bread
- BelGioioso Mascarpone or butter
- ½ pear thinly sliced
- ¼ cup grilled onion slices
- ¼ cup crumbled La Bottega di BelGioioso® Gorgonzola with Cow's and Sheep's Milk
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Spread a thin layer of mascarpone on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 1 slice in skillet, mascarpone side down, and top with pears, onions, and Gorgonzola. Top with second slice of bread, mascarpone side up.
- Cook until bread is golden brown and cheese has melted, about 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve warm.