Photo credit: yumsugar.comPrint
Perpetual Goatstopper Cheese Bite
This delectable "Perfect Bite" of Redwood Hill Farm Chèvre with fruit flavored cereal and candied ginger was the winning recipe at the 2014 Cheesemonger Invitational.
- 8 oz Redwood Hill Farm Fresh Chèvre
- 2 oz candied ginger finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Burstin' Berry Poppin' Pebbles or your favorite fruit flavored cereal or chopped nuts
- 1 bunch red seedless grapes
- Wash and de-stem red grapes.
- In large zip-lock bag combine the chopped candied ginger and the cereal. Crunch inside bag until desired texture is found and flavors are combined. (I prefer leaving the mix a little coarser so they give a good crunch in the finished truffle.)
- Using hands (I wear gloves) pinch off a small amount (just under 1/2 oz) of Redwood Hill Farm's Fresh Plain Chevre, slightly flatten out to make a small indentation for the grape.
- Place grape in center of goat cheese and work the cheese around the outer coating of the grape, creating a smooth and even coating surrounding the entire grape.
- Place the "naked" truffles on a flat resting tray until you finish coating all the grapes you are going to do for your event.
- Take "naked" truffles and gently roll them in ginger and cereal mixture until evenly coated, transfer to your serving dish after each truffle is "seasoned". Enjoy!
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/