Barbecue season is in full swing, and this year, you can do better than processed cheese slices on boring burgers. Enter Forever Cheese‘s imported goods, like The Smokin’ Goat®—a smoked goat’s milk cheese from the Canary Islands—and Casa Forcello® Red Onion Confiture—a savory jam from Lombardia, Italy. Both are excellent toppers for a veggie stack “burger” that’s stacked high with flavor and easy to pull off at home.
Veggie Stack Burgers
- Zucchini cut into rounds
- Eggplant cut into rounds
- Whole portobello mushroom
- Smokin’ Goat smoked cheese cut into slices
- Casa Forcello® Red Onion Confiture
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Brioche buns split and toasted
- Olive oil
- Chili flakes optional
- ► Prepare your grill (or preheat the oven to 400F). Toss the zucchini and eggplant rounds in olive oil, salt and chili flakes if desired. Brush whole portobellos with olive oil and season with salt.
- ► Grill vegetables until charred and tender.
- ► Build burgers - stacking lettuce, portobello, eggplant, zucchini, cheese slices and a spoonful of confiture in between the split brioche buns.