Happy Easter cheese lovers! Hopefully by now the mimosas are flowing and you’ve called animal control to take care of those strange egg-toting bunnies. We’ve resurrected the past week’s best cheese news to help kick off your holiday festivities.
But first, we have horrible news to report: the Trump administration has just announced that it will be imposing strict tariffs on all cheese imports in order to boost the U.S. cheese industry. This means it will soon be nearly impossible to find Parmigiano-Reggiano, Gruyere, Comte, and others in the United States.
Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- The French have found a new technique to produce aged cheeses in days rather than months. How, you might ask? By growing the smell separately, of course.
- A restaurant in Berlin broke Guinness World Record “the greatest variety of cheese on a pizza” with a whopping 111 different kinds. Heiliger Strohsack!
- In queso you missed Waffle Day and simply can’t wait for Grilled Cheese Day, iron out this waffle grilled cheese for the best of both worlds.
- What’s the best mac and cheese in New York? Kimchi, classic, and buffalo chicken macs duke it out for title of the Big Apple’s best.
- Nearly $1 million-worth of meth was discovered in nacho cheese cans in Texas. Well, I guess weirder things have happened.
- It turns out bacteria love heavy metal music like sheep love grass. Just ask this rockstar New Zealand cheesemaker.
- This guide will have you proudly proclaiming “I cut the cheese!” Apparently, there is a right and wrong way of doing such things.
- Here’s a beautiful carrot you can serve to guests this Easter. April Fool’s! It’s a cheese ball.
- Looking to add more protein to your diet? Now you can get it in this boxed red lentil mac and cheese…
- Here’s one more guide to pairing wine and cheese. It might not be rocket science, but the reason some pairings are better than others is scientifically proven.
- This cheesemonger in Utah has a resume 200 cheeses long – talk about the dream job.
- We all dream of living in a castle and being fed the best cheese, wine, and beer all day long, right? The Mars Cheese Castle in Wisconsin is ready to treat you like royalty.
- They say beauty is pain, and this ornate Polish sheep’s milk cheese is no exception.
- Thanks to this grilled cheese restaurant, former felons are getting a second bite at the apple.