Happy belated Valentine’s Day! Hope it was filled with lots of love and even more cheese. If you’re up to date on conspiracy theories, you might have heard rumors circulating that Chuck E. Cheese, beloved restaurant to children and the bane of existence of germaphobes, has recycled unused pizza slices. Youtuber Shane Dawson documented his visit in support of the theory, and the video went viral. The response was so strong that Chuck E. Cheese finally responded to the allegations.
Here’s what you might have (also) missed this week in cheese news:
- “Spare the bun, coat the mac and cheese, fry it perfectly, add more cheese.” And so begins the commercial for KFC’s new mac and cheese bun. It’s only been released in Singapore, but many Americans hopefully await for it to arrive stateside.
- The average Dutch person consumed 14.3 kilograms of cheese a year. Whether you’re a native or channeling your inner Dutch, try out these top spots for cheese lovers next time you’re in the Netherlands.
- February 13 marked National Cheddar Day. If you missed it, don’t feel too sad as this was the first official recognition of cheddar cheese. However, you might want to feel sad that you missed Tillamook giving away a ton of free cheddar.
- Some bored reporters at the Business Insider compared Wendy’s Baconator fries to McDonald’s Cheesy Bacon Fries. And the results might surprise you.
- Cheddar and American cheese are the longstanding kings of the grilled cheese world. However, if you’re trying to break out of a grilled cheese rut, consider these delicious alternatives.
- If you didn’t know, these are two styles of mac and cheese: bechamel and custard-based. Explore the different takes of this crowd pleaser in this article.
- Long considered to be the most dangerous type of fat, visceral fat is linked to cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. If you’re trying to clean up your diet but love cheese, give these options a try.