We’re already halfway through August fellow turophiles, and this late summer heat has us feeling like melted Raclette and left us daydreaming about Cornish blue cheese ice cream! We’re also venturing to take in the beauty of sculpted cheese, packing up picnics, and planning out new, ooey-gooey, fromage fare in anticipation for when the weather turns cool and crisp.
Here’s what you might have missed this week in cheese news:
- Check out the latest cheese sculpture by Sarah Kaufmann! “The cheese found me.” Us too, Sarah. Us too.
- Waiting for your turn at the cheese plate can be a real test of strength and patience. Could this cheese plate casserole be the delicious solution to speeding up the line?
- Picnicking with parmesan? Going off the grid with gouda? Get prepared with these perfect picnic tips first so you can brie the best scout you can be!
- Cheese puffs; you can’t eat just one! Unless that’s all that came in the bag. Feeling for this poor disappointed cheese lover today.
- Taleggio, short ribs, capers, apricots… you’ve never had a grilled cheese like this before!
- This ice cream has about 100g of Cornish blue cheese per kilogram. That’s cheesy!
- How many cheese curds can you eat in 6 minutes? We’re guessing it’s less than this champion curd eater.
- Our trashy side is digging these highbrow wine pairings for a lowbrow (and addictive) snack: Cheez-Its.
- Mark your calendars US readers, Aldi’s cheese and wine advent calendar isn’t just for the UK anymore!
- As the demand for American cheese grows in other countries, Wisconsin cheesemakers set their sights on new horizons.
- This $62 cheese and lobster sandwich is why we can’t have nice things
- And Finally; because sometimes we all need to be reminded of the cheesy good in the world. This is definitely the best news to come out of Chuck E Cheese’s since ever.