Summer’s officially here! We’re all trying to eat healthy, but sometimes you just need an overload of carbs, meat, and cheese. The Bedford restaurant in Brooklyn might be just the place to indulge that craving. In lieu of a bun, their hamburger is sandwiched between deep-fried mac and cheese patties, served with a side of fries. We’ll wait while you Google a picture.
Here’s what else you might have missed this week in cheese news:
- The Trump administration is trying to count spray cheese as a food “staple.” This move allegedly will make more retailers able to accept SNAP benefits.
- According to his Aladdin costars, Will Smith frequently brought food trucks (including a mac and cheese option) on-set. We always knew he was perfect.
- If you get a kick out of videos where people slip, trip, and fall on their faces, you should check this video of people chasing a foam cheese down an incredibly steep hill.
- 13 isn’t always unlucky: these 13 nuns work 13-hour shifts at a monastery in Crozet, Va to make some delicious Gouda.
- Just a heads up, National Cheese Day is this Tuesday. Plan accordingly.
- We all crave boxed mac and cheese, so it might seem like blasphemy to suggest adding anything. But you might want to try buttermilk.