Thanksgiving’s this week, and hopefully you already have your turkey. If not, you better head to the store ASAP—and grab some cheese while you’re there! We’ve even rounded up our favorites for a perfect Thanksgiving cheese plate, just for you. Amidst the flurry of holiday preparations, take some time for yourself to catch up on the latest cheese news.
Here’s what you might have missed last week:
- Can taste be copyrighted? These Dutch makers of herbed cheese spread took that question all the way to the Court of Justice for the European Union.
- If you were in New Orleans yesterday, hopefully you stopped by the inaugural Fete des Fromages. Cheesemakers from all over the country sampled over 100 cheeses. If you missed it, mark your calendars for next year!
- Type 2 diabetics often must make drastic dietary changes. However, this article outlines some of the types of cheese you can still enjoy.
- Pittsburgh residents might have been surprised to see a thirty-foot inflatable cheese sculpture floating in their rivers this past week. It was part of a campaign to raise awareness for hunger in the area.
- For those who aren’t in the loop, there’s a new fad sweeping the Internet. Move over, Beer Pong. The Dog Cheese Challenge is in town.
- Free the Goat! A Switzerland-based supermarket recently launched a line of handmade cashew milk-based cheese.
- Think rose is just a pink wine? Think again. This team-up between Angry Orchard and Crown Finish Caves proves rose can be a cider…and in a cheese.