Image VIA CNN/Twitter
Happy Cheesday, sun lovers! I mean, happy Sunday, cheese lovers! Boy, oh boy was this a good week in the world of cheese. There was a chuckle-worthy slip-of-the-tongue on CNN and a few disastrous slips down a very steep hill in England. And all in the name of cheese! So this week, set down that cup of coffee and make sure you’re not eating when you scroll through these gut-busting tidbits.
Here’s what you may have missed this week:
- Kellyanne Conway just “accidentally” referred to President Trump as the Commander of Cheese. I’m dying.
- If you only watch one thing this entire week, it better be this video of the Gloucester Cheese Rolling Competition.
- National Cheese Day may be officially over, but every day is cheese day for us. Keep the party going with these 16 unique beauties.
- This brave soul assessed countless types of vegan cheese. The moral of the story: be glad you’re not vegan, and don’t be fooled by fancy packaging.
- The secret ingredient of Cowgirl Creamery’s Red Hawk has been revealed. It turns out there’s something special in that ocean breeze.
- Here’s to the best hangover cure ever created: Grilled Mac and Cheese Pancakes with Mojo Rojo Sauce. Nuff said.
- I wish these cheesy nursery rhymes were around when I was a kid!
- Having to pay for cheese you didn’t order is wrong. But not wanting cheese in the first place might be worse. This reporter has some thoughts on the subject…
- We all adore cheese. But, cheese on pie? That might be crossing the line.
- Microbiologists are getting up close and personal with a certain cheddar from Murray’s Cheese.
- Le Beurre Bordier is touted as the best butter in the world and we can’t wait to get our grubby little paws all over it.
- So, Panera just dropped the mic and is giving us all some bacon mac. You have three weeks to pounce before it’s gone.
- For the moments when your bank account is hurting, but you’re unwilling to compromise on your cheese haul, here are three alternatives to the illustrious Parmigiano Reggiano.
- In more tragic news, Reblochon may be responsible for a child’s fatality in France, but such proof has yet to be confirmed.
- Icon, writer, and celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain was found dead last Friday at 61. Let’s all take a moment to binge some of our favorite episodes of Parts Unknown and No Reservations today.