Happy Sunday, cheese lovers! Welcome to “In Queso You Missed It,” your weekly roundup of the best cheese news, recipes, and stories from around the web. Get yourself a piping hot cup of coffee and maybe even a cheddar scone, and hunker down for a moment with us.
- 2018 is the year of breakfast pizza – you know, for health reasons. If this replaces Whole30, we’re all for it.
- And if you’re really trying to rep that trend, wear these socks while you’re brunching on this jalapeño popper pizza.
- Heads up, cheese lovers in the UK! You’re getting a new cheese festival in Glasgow this year. That should make up for that Giant Cheese Board disaster.
- Our winter bucket list: cook our way through this roundup of Saveur’s cheesiest baked pasta recipes.
- The mac n’ cheese at Beecher’s in Seattle is Oprah’s favorite – and turns out it’s worth the hype. Well, duh. You know she’s always right.
- Turns out sweet dreams are made of cheese. A study suggests the type of cheese you eat can influence your dreams. Carbs might lead to a better night’s rest, too. Bring on the midnight mac!
- Sweet Grass Dairy is putting Thomasville, Georgia on the foodie map. We’re not surprised – have you tried their pimento cheese?
- Pecorino di Pienza has been made the same way for thousands of year – but climate change and big factories are threatening this sacred Tuscan cheese.
- Cheese thieves stole 700 blocks of Saint-Nectaire cheese in France. Who are they, and what do they intend to do with all of that cheese?
- A pizzeria in Los Angeles built a giant cheese boat topped with 50 eggs and we want to float away on it.
- You need all the squash recipes this time of year, and this lasagna is brimming with goat cheese, prosciutto, and crispy sage.
Here’s hoping everyone has a wonderfully cheesy week!