Jalapeño Popper Pizza
This crispy, thin-crust pie is sinfully good, with jalapeños, cheddar, bacon, and a just-set egg sitting on a base of creamy Montchevre Jalapeño Goat Cheese. You will need a pizza stone for this recipe.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 ounces Montchevre Jalapeño Goat Cheese
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 3 to 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 egg
- Place pizza sone in oven and heat oven to 475°F.
- Add flour, olive oil, salt, and ½ cup warm water to a large bowl. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove dough from bowl and roll out on a floured surface until dough is very thin. Dust preheated pizza stone with flour and lay rolled-out dough on top.
- Spread goat cheese evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border for the crust. Top with cheddar, bacon, and jalapeño. Crack egg in the center of the pie and bake pizza until egg is set, about 10 minutes.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/